Sunday, March 13, 2016

Gentle Pruning.

I had the wind knocked out of my sails earlier today. Sometimes communication is a blessing and sometimes... it's not. My spirits were low, Nat is sick, and Paul had a potty training disaster (think walls smeared brown). But as we started our service, the first song I glanced at was an immediate comfort:

In times like these you need a Saviour,
In times like these you need an anchor;
Be very sure, Be very sure,
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the One,
This Rock is Jesus, The only One;
Be very sure, Be very sure,
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock.

As if that wasn't enough, the next song prodded a little further:

All for Jesus! All for Jesus!
All my being's ransomed pow'rs.
All my tho'ts and words and doings,
All my days and all my hours.
All for Jesus! All for Jesus! 
All my days and all my hours.
All for Jesus! All for Jesus! 
All my days and all my hours.

Let my hands perform His bidding,
Let my feet run in His ways;
Let my eyes see Jesus only,
Let my lips speak forth His praise.
All for Jesus! All for Jesus!
Let my lips speak forth His praise.

And then as only the Lord can do, the message we listened to was spot on and just what I needed to hear. I love how God is intentional about meeting my specific needs. I don't necessarily enjoy going through some discomfort, but I know it's for my good and for His Glory. I'm grateful to say the Lord brought me out of a slump, reminded me of the grace that has been bestowed on me, and encouraged me to step back in the fight. Praise the Lord for His Gentle pruning.


1 comment:

Rivers of Water said...

So sorry for the day you had. I have had those as well and the pitty training is still there sometimes for my four year old.....Sometimes I would like to tell him he has the whole roll of toilette paper to use but I hesitate for the outcome of that possible mess as well!

Christ always knows the message we need in the monent. Time and time again I get confirmation and comfort from the preaching about what is going on in my head!!! (((Hugs)))