Saturday, January 4, 2014

A future little helper!

I had a little peek into what the future could be like with a little helper and it brought me a lot of delight! As I was trying a new experiment today, Paul was playing with his toys and would occasionally crawl to the kitchen. After finishing up mixing some batter, I let him lick the spatula and he got the biggest grin on his face. Then throughout the day I would say, "come help me put away the laundry" or "let's clean up the toys" and he would come. We obviously need to work on the actual "helping" part, but it got me really excited to see Paul beginning to change and see needs around him. Still a ways to go, of course, but it's a first step!

Now that I wrote that, we're having a little boy return to touching a light after he's been told no. So we still have a looong ways to go!

My husband blessed me in a wonderful way today. When I mentioned I was thinking of taking a nap, he offered to watch Paul and go to the market to pick up some fruits and vegetables. I thought my nap would be short so I could go with them, but it turned into 1.5 hours and that was after sleeping from 10 PM until 7 AM! I guess that was my body's way of reminding me that I am pregnant, even though it's been an easy ride so far. :-)

Oh, and as to my experiment, I'll let you know if they turn out or not. If you don't hear anything more about it then you can guess... not. :-)

No comments: