Tuesday, January 29, 2013

In The South.

I'm not sure if this is the Deep South or not, so I'm just going to call the Carolinas the South. :-)

We left PA a week ago Wednesday and it was nine degrees - as in cold! Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 78 in Charleston, South Carolina. I was actually borderline hot today as we walked a couple of blocks to get lunch. *Happy sigh* There's a reason we are not called to a cold climate!

We've really enjoyed our stay in Charleston so far, including staying at a bed & breakfast/inn that had this huge bed in it! I was also adventurous and tried grits once more (my verdict has not changed - no thank you!). Charleston is a terrible city to drive around since there are carriage tours everywhere, so we put in a lot of walking and enjoyed taking the boat to Fort Sumter, which is on an island.

Paul was a fantastic baby all day long and was a huge hit on the boat... not too hard when you're the only kid in the entire place!

More adventures await us in the morning!

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Grits? No thank you! I'm with ya.
I have never been to Charleston but I've heard that it's lovely.

I used to think that Texas was deep south until I went to the real deep south on the East coast and yea, Texas isn't deep south.

Glad you had a good time and the little man us adorable.

Called to Make the Difference said...

I've been enjoying reading of your travels while on deputation. I picked up your blog from Nina's blog. I had to chuckle when I read your weather description...it's currently 4 degrees here in MN:) I'm looking forward to meeting you all at the end of April! May the Lord give you all safety in travel as you continue on the road!

~Heather Smith
(from Fargo Baptist Church)