Saturday, June 25, 2011

Experiences.

Wow, what a week!

I honestly did not expect the week to be as busy as it was, but at the end of the week I was very glad it was busy:). My last post was Sunday, so that should tell you a little bit about the lack of time to post. ;)

Our morning teaching time started at 8, which meant this gal was actually out of bed by 6:50 every morning (but one... Wednesday was 7 AM). That is quite a feat and that also meant an adjusted bedtime to 9:30 at night. There is so much I want to share and now I wished I had blogged every day, but we were pretty exhausted in the evenings. Here's an overview of what our days looked like:

  • 6:50 AM-8 AM: shower, devotions, breakfast, etc.
  • 8 AM - Noon: teaching time (group devotions, phonetics, missions strategy, etc.)
  • Noon: lunch
  • 1 PM - 4:30 PM: Bible Studies in town
  • 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM: get back from town and unwind
  • 5:30 PM: supper
  • 6:30 PM: debrief from the day
  • 7:00 PM: watch culture videos or a preaching video
  • 7:45 PM: done for the day:)
I tried to use my spare time wisely, since we are writing out the book of Acts while we're here. Acts is my favorite New Testament book and there are a lot of good gems in there!

Last Saturday at the market I met 13 ladies who agreed to study the Bible with me. Out of those 13 I've connected with 4 this week, had 1 tell me a definite no, and passed along 2 to another girl on our team to follow up on. The rest just didn't show up. I did get to start a Bible Study with another lady though, so five ladies are studying the Bible with me... what a blessing!

Nat and I have had a lot of experiences during our short time in Africa. We have learned much and were quite tired at the end of each day. But we are so grateful that our pastor encouraged us to come to Botswana to learn from the missionary and work here. So much of what we learn here will be very useful in our future ministry!

No comments: