Thursday, April 22, 2010

Heading Out For The Wild Blue Yonder.

When it comes to packing, I work well under pressure. I prefer to call it motivated, but the more cynical-minded among us might call it procrastination:). It's now 7:14 AM (yeah, we're not going to talk about my usual disregard for getting up early) and I have exactly 2 hours and 46 minutes to pack up for the next 10 days.

What can I say? I love a challenge! When I left in August 2008 for a year-long stay in Thailand, my flight left at 11 PM and I finished packing a mere 6 hours earlier at 5 PM. Fun stuff:).

A few weeks ago, I alluded to a trip that Nat, I, and two people from my church are making and this highly anticipated trip has arrived... kinda. We're actually leaving on Saturday, but I get to pack up today because my brother is graciously working on my parents' kitchen floor. So that means no Anne walking across the floor. *Sigh* The inconveniences of life:).

7:18. Time's a-ticking by. I can probably delay my departure an extra 15 minutes though since my brother isn't even here yet. But I suppose I better mosey in the direction of the suitcases and travel-sized bottles. I can feel the adrenaline coursing through me already!

5 comments:

Amber Noella said...

How exciting! Before a trip, I usually pack like, a week in advance! *Sigh* Oh, the THRILLS of life! hehehe :)

Jackie said...

Hum...where could you be going?
Soon the need for chaperones will be over :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey Anne! I love trips too! I also seem to have a hard time packing ahead. I'm always a late packer! I want you to have tons of fun this weekend and next week! I lOvE you with all my heart!!!

Rebecca said...

Have a great trip! Can't wait to see you!

Kristi said...

I have to say...you're the procrastination packing queen!
:)

Have a good time

~Kristi