Friday, January 8, 2010

Just A Minute... Definitely Worth It!

For Christmas my future mother-in-law gave me a book entitled, "Come Away My Beloved" - 365 one-minute meditations. Now I will admit that I'm usually not very good at keeping up with a year-long devotional book, but so far I've made it 8 days!

The entry for January 4th made me stop as I considered the challenge issued. Here's the brief entry:
"And he said, Take... thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah: and offer him there." ~ Genesis 22:2
No price is too great to pay for the proper care of that which I have given you. Never regard lightly that which is precious in My sight. There is always an alternative to the life of relinquishment, but it is lean and barren. That which is most precious needs to be offered up to Me continually. My grace is as a beacon. It shall shed light on all that is now obscure.

1 comment:

ladyfelicity said...

Thank you for sharing this - it's so beautiful!