Sunday, July 5, 2009

Love Found Me!

Two of my favorite songs are Near The Cross and My Jesus I Love Thee. Both were sung during the Sunday morning service and my heart just rejoiced in my Savior.

As we sang Near The Cross, I thought about the second verse, specifically the second line:
Near the cross, a trembling soul,
Love and mercy found me;
There the bright and morning star
Sheds its beams around me.


It's true that love and mercy found me. Not because I was "worth finding" or a great catch. I often think on how I must be one of His most stubborn children that needs to be constantly straightened out by the Word. Yet He still found me and made me His own! Because of that, I want to glory in Him for ever. His goodness, kindness, and love overwhelmed me anew today. Praise His Name!

~~~~~~~~~~

Jesus, keep me near the cross,
There a precious fountain
Free to all, a healing stream
Flows from Calvary’s mountain.

Refrain: In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever;
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

Near the cross, a trembling soul,
Love and mercy found me;
There the bright and morning star
Sheds its beams around me.

Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day,
With its shadows o’er me.

Near the cross I’ll watch and wait
Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I reach the golden strand,
Just beyond the river.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Praise the Lord we are Loved!

Robert said...

You are indeed a much-traveled person! And thanks for your heartwarming site. I came for a visit because you mention that My Jesus, I Love Thee is one of your favourite hymns. Today is the 163rd anniversary of the birth of William Featherstone who wrote the hymn (when he was only 16). For more about him, and other hymn-related events, you can check out my blog. God bless.