Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mirrors And Teeth.

Thai people have a huge fascination with mirrors. It is an endless source of amusement for me as I see shopkeepers gazing into the ever-ready mirror, even though I'm browsing their store. I saw one lady in the grocery store fixing her hair in a mirror that was conveniently place in the meat department. All Thai people do it, including a certain roommate of mine:).

One thing that is a big no-no here in Thailand is picking your teeth in public. That adds to the hilarity of it all when I see Thai people walking around picking their teeth. Mirrors and teeth are quite the combination, I assure you!

So imagine my surprise the other day when I glanced up and saw this Thai lady looking in the mirror on Bro. Tom's motorcycle and picking her teeth!


This picture doesn't capture her intently leaning over the motorcycle, because by the time Carolyn got her camera out, the lady apparently was done with her business. It sure was funny to look up, see someone we don't know using Bro. Tom's motorcycle to do a faux pas:).

Life in Thailand.... there is never a dull moment!

No comments: