Thursday, November 20, 2008

One Extra Christmas Card.

The other day Boo Mama linked to Big Mama about "a very easy - and meaningful - way to encourage families of deployed soldiers over the holidays." (That's a direct quote, y'all!)

So I moseyed over to Big Mama where I expected to find a Christmas Mama - I was promptly disappointed, but I did find "a very easy - and meaningful - way to encourage families of deployed soldiers over the holidays."

Rather than plagiarize (is that allowed in the bloggy world???) Big Mama, I think I'll just direct you to the very easy - and meaningful - way to encourage families of deployed soldiers over the holidays." (This is your cue now to go check out the link and see how you can bless an Army family this Christmas).

It's definitely worth the time, and who can't write out one extra Christmas card and stick it in the mail? I did, and it took me exactly 3 minutes. Plus I'm planning on sending the card back with one of the girls that's here with a group right now but is leaving Saturday morning.

Just imagine how you would feel if your family member was deployed for 15 months. To quote Big Mama:

These families will be without their spouses, mothers, fathers, brothers or sisters this Christmas season and I think this is such an incredible way to say thank you for the sacrifices they have made on our behalf. It’s a simple way to say we don’t take the sacrifice for granted.

No comments: