Thursday, November 27, 2008

Blessed Thanksgiving!

Our Thanksgiving meal was cooked by several ladies (and one man!) from both of the teams here and 13 of us gathered together - some Thai, mostly American - to celebrate this Thanksgiving Day. Our scrumptious dinner was made complete with all the fixings: mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn casserole, broccoli and cauliflower, stuffing, CRANBERRY SAUCE (my absolute favorite!), chicken wings, roast, apple crisp, and some pumpkin pie. Mmmm, mmmm! An all-American meal with no rice or stir-fry for a day:).

(Gracie and I)

But the best part of the day (aside from eating a roast that *almost* tasted like turkey!) was when we had our normal mid-week service and all 13 of us, right down to Gracie, lifted our voices and sang praises to the Lord! I think I just came up with a wonderful, new tradition for Thanksgiving Day... setting aside a part of the day to have singing, testimonies, and preaching. It sure made my day and that's what Thanksgiving Day is really all about.

Blessed Thanksgiving to my blog readers!

(And to my dear Mom - enjoy your quiet dinner with Dad!)

3 comments:

Kay said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ANN with an E! We haven't eaten yet, but we're fixin to have turkey, stuffing, potatoes, sweet potato bread pudding, pumpkin pie ,and pumpkin roll! ahhhh i'm going to get so fat! hahahha Hope your having an awesome time!!!

Anonymous said...

We have a Praise Service at our church every Thanksgiving. It is from 9-10 AM and all we do is sing, read a psalm, and give testimonies. It is one of my most favorite times.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Thanks girls for commenting.... I trust you all had a wonderful day!