Monday, July 7, 2008

Songs Of Praise.

Through an interesting turn of events, the editor of Stepping in the Light received my testimony tract and asked if she could use it as an article in the magazine. I quickly agreed and then began to peruse the magazine's site. As I read the sample page for Faithful Footsteps To Follow, I was struck by this statement Mrs. Susannah Spurgeon made:


When the fire of affliction draws songs of praise from us, then indeed we are purified, and our God is glorified!”


The fire, though uncomfortable for a moment, does a thorough job in making me a fit vessel. My song of praise is so much more heartfelt in the fire and I can stand with Job and say, "I know that my redeemer liveth!" While I don't stand up and ask for the fire to come (ouch!), the dross does get burned away and I draw closer to the Lord. Just last week at camp, the Lord touched upon an area in my life and said, "Anne, that is a god in your life. Now you have a choice: keep it or get rid of it." While the fire was painful, I see on the other side it was necessary... and my choice became "get rid of it". Praise the Lord for the fire... and have a song of praise in the midst of it!

No comments: