Thursday, June 19, 2008

Quirky News.

Concerned Mother: "I would hope that somebody would look up the credit card application before a credit card is issued … people get credit card denials all the time," Christiansen said. "How can somebody who is an adult who has a job get a credit card denial, and a child who has no income and no assets get one? I would certainly hope they would have some sort of review process."

Representative's Reply: We do not knowingly solicit or grant credit to a minor," Reiss said.

Welcome to America folks.

(Read the rest of the story here. I first saw the link at Amy's Humble Musings.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other serious, earth-shattering news :o), I will be away for the weekend with three friends of mine. We had originally decided to go to the Longaberger Basket place in Ohio (which is quite literally a basket!), but changed our minds and are now going to Boston! I think we must be a little crazy because we are going to a graduation party tonight and then we're leaving at 3 AM to hit the highway.
3 AM.
So.
It's going to be a long time before I see a bed again, but I'm sure we'll have a fabulous time together. Last time I checked, I leave in 56 days, so I'm making every effort to spend time with the people I love:o).
Don't worry... I'll be back!

5 comments:

Kay said...

Awwww Boston is Amazing! Your going to have so much fun! :)

Anonymous said...

It's finally here Anne! Can't wait...we'll have a blast ;-)

SJA

Abigail said...

Boston is fabulous...

I think that has been the choice senior trip in our school for a very long line of seniors!

Don't forget to go to Mike's Bakery and get some delicacies!

Yummo!

Have a wonderful, fantastic, supercalifrejalisticexpialadocious time!

: o )

Abbey

Jennifer said...

I hope you have a good time! Be sure to share lots of pictures with us!!!

Kristi said...

Sounds like fun. Hope you have a great time.

~Kristi