Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Home Again, Home Again.

Judging by my site meter, I think I better post something:o). I flew home on New Year's Day, just in time to visit with my parents and unload my two huge suitcases before tumbling into bed. Each night in Indiana we didn't go to bed until 12:30 or 1:00, so I was just continuing the pattern by not going to bed until closer to 1 AM... unfortunately the alarm buzzing at 6:30 AM reminded me that this could NOT become a habit:o).

I do have to share three blessings from the beginning of the trip...

  • I was getting off the Turnpike in Phila. and handed to the toll booth collector my money and my testimony tract. He surprised me when he said he already read it (a sign I go up and down the Turnpike waayyyy too often!) and said it was a blessing to him since he's a Christian too! Then he offered to pay my toll for me... what an unexpected surprise!
  • My sister sent out a lot of gifts with me for my brother and his family, and so I wasn't too surprised when the guy at the airport told me my bag was overweight. I wasn't, however, prepared to pay $25.00 and I didn't have room to shuffle anything around when the guy suddenly said, "You know, it's Christmas. We'll just let it go." Thank you Father!
  • On my flight from Detroit to Chicago, there were only about 20 people on board. I was in the way back of the plane (close to those loud thingamajings:o)) on the flight from Phila. to Detroit, so I figured I would just move up a few rows once the plane was in the air. As we were preparing to leave, the flight attendant came back and said to myself and two others, "You're going to have to move to first class." Well, since I had to, I moved up to the nice comfy chairs:o). Isn't God good?!?!


I love the way Trevor is watching Tyler play his cup-stacking game...

He's a kangaroo... can't ya tell?!?:o)

We stopped at Taste of Thailand (a restaurant) on Saturday and I was soon transported back to the streets of Bangkok... yum, yum!

I've never met anyone (outside of my church) who reads my blog, so I was a little surprised when Rebecca came up to me to say she reads my blog... so being the blogger that I am, I knew I had to take a picture and post it:o).


My sister-in-law Kim and my niece Tiana...

Jack and Kim... a very dearly loved family!

4 comments:

Dear Abbi said...

Aww, what nice pictures! I'm glad you had a great time and some wonderful blessings along the way.

I love your new haircut, by the way!

lizzykristine said...

Yay! Glad to see you back for some regular posting. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!
Glad to hear of those extra blessings with the luggage and turnpike toll! More money that can be saved for Thailand!
Have a great day!

My Bright Corner said...

I'm finally commenting! :) It was fun getting to know you!

Rebecca