Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sweet Sisters-In-Law And First Day Of School!

I thought it was kinda humorous that my brother Tom called me up on Monday night and told me he had just read my last blog post and was wondering who in our family was pregnant!!! So obviously my sweet sister-in-law Sarah is not:o).

Another sweet sister-in-law did call me up over the weekend and casually worked into the conversation that she is expecting a baby... now I won't tell you her age, but let's just say she thought she was done having children:o). If the Lord brings her to mind, pray for Kim as there's a diabetes possibility.

~Kim and my 5-year-old nephew in May~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today was the first day of school, and judging by these smiles, I think the high school girls are ready for school:o). Or perhaps Eliza was just anxious to get back to pranks, jokes, and strangling her fellow classmates;o).




~Thanks to Mary and to Abigail for the idea of what to do on the first day of school:o). I tweaked the suggestion a little bit, in that I knew most of our students would prefer donuts to bagels (lots of winter camp kitchen experiences!) Plus I don't think the students were too offended that they had *permission* to eat sugar;o).~

~And finally we played a game as a fun way to review the rules and procedures for our school. I'm not sure how much the students retained, but at least we reviewed the rules!! Oh, and the gold, light blue, maroon, and hunter green shirts are the dress code colors... how nice that those boys sat next to each other, just for my blog post! Riiiiight:o).~

Ah yes! 1 day down...

...180 days to go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you did that for the kids...it looks like they had fun! August 28th was your first day of school? Wow, that's early...ours starts Sept. 5th. I hope you have a great year!

Tiffany said...

Congratulations Kim!!!!!!!!! I heard at church so I couldn't play the game either. Since you weren't going to tell her age - just that she thought she was done having kids - I thought I would tease her again how when Dillon was in the NICU she came to see me and a doctor said something about the years we were born in. It was then that I burst out laughing and started to tease her that she was born the same year as my mom!! :-) Well, Kim - if you read this I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

You probably are right about Eliza...school is here, ready or not!:)

Anonymous said...

I miss E Privilege Chairs!!! -Kay-

Anne said...

Thanks for the comment girls!

Kay ~ I hope you are doing well down at college... I was asking your mom tonight at church how you were doing and she said you'll be home in a couple of weeks for a weekend! I'll see ya then! Praying for you girl!