Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Summer's Evening.

Yesterday I ran over to a local park to go walking with a friend I really hadn't seen since I came home, other than a 10 second "hello!" at church:o). Then today she called me up and asked me to go walking because her daughter wanted to see me so over I went again! As we were walking, she asked me if I wanted to meet for a game of volleyball tonight... well, that's like asking a thirsty person if they want something to drink! The love of volleyball is kind of a prerequisite for being in my family (let's just say we really enjoy the game:D), so I was all ready to play, especially since I didn't play in Thailand at all:o).

We managed to pull together a group of 8 people and had a good time... laughing... playing... kicking sand (we were at a sand court:D)... just enjoying a summer's evening. For we know that all too soon we will be back at school... back to the fall season... back to long hours... back to driving to work when it's dark and leaving work when it's dark...

But for tonight, we just enjoyed a summer's evening. They pass oh so quickly...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. You have a very interesting blog and I really enjoyed reading about your mission trips.