Friday, April 6, 2007

Heard Around The Office...

I love my job for several reasons, including the fact my co-workers add so much spice and humor to my life:o). Just today Terri came rushing into the office (and if you know Terri, then you know she was running:D) and wanted to print certificates for her Sunday School kids. As she moved to put the paper in the printer, she said, "Oh wait! That won't work... each kid has a different name!"

Imagine that... each kid having a different name:o).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday Sarah and I were in the Production Room talking about today's work day. Normally Sarah only works from 12:30-4:30 each day so she was in a real quandary about the half day that we were supposed to work for today...

"Do I come in only in the morning and work until noon? Or do I come in the afternoon and work my regular time? Or do I come in and only work two hours since it's a half day?"

Sarah wound up coming in this morning and working for two hours:o).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Jr. has been working here for a couple of months now and was standing in the office along with Amy, Katie, and Sarah when I walked in this morning. Upon seeing me, John said, "Oh no! Now there's 4 of you and 3 computers. What are you going to do?"

John didn't know I was planning on working in the Production Room:o). Crisis solved!;o).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I asked Mrs. Hammett today when I should put the French Trail of Blood on her computer. I thought she wanted it done soon, so I asked, "Are you going to be gone anytime soon? If you leave, I could get it done." Then realizing what I said, I started backpedaling. "I didn't mean when are you going to leave as in why aren't you gone yet, but I was wondering when I could use your computer.... yeah, never mind."

Open mouth. Insert foot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Rachel left for Thailand, we started a new thing regarding all the mail we accumulate each day. Since we are constantly mailing stuff out (that's one thing with operating two businesses and a free correspondence Bible Study course...), we decided that each person will have one day a week when they run to the Post Office. That way no one person is getting stuck lugging stuff to the Post Office:o). Monday's me, Tuesday's Terri, Wednesday's Cindy, Thursday's Sarah, and Friday's Katie. Well most of us leave at 3:30 or 4:00... plenty of time to get the mail over to the PO. One day is a little bit harder though... so now Cindy, Amy, and I take turns encouraging Terri out the door:o). This past Tuesday Cindy had several orders that had to go out on Tuesday so she put them up in the Production Room and told Terri she was done. I thought Cindy was going to faint from the anxiety of waiting for Terri to take the stuff;o). Terri made it though... and the receipt proved it: 5:01 PM!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's kinda a running joke in the main office that the Kyocera (the printer) beeps and Amy can't hear it:o). I can't tell you how many times I've walked into the office, heard it beeping, and went over to fix it. Whenever I do that, Amy looks up and asks if it's beeping. When I say yes, we both just start laughing because she can't hear that beep;o).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday Tiffany was in the office and asked me what kind of flowers my mom likes. So I said, "She likes Easter lilies, but my dad usually gets her one. Ummm, I don't know. I'm probably the worst person to ask because I don't know what they're called!!!" So then Tiffany asks me what colors she likes and I said (again!), "Ummm, I don't know. Pink and purple and..." Tiffany just rolled her eyes and said, "You're probably going to list each color, aren't you?!?!"

What can I say? Flowers and I don't get along. I think they're pretty, but I've killed too many, so don't ask me flower questions:o).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today as I came out of the Production Room, I saw a student walking around the lunchroom. He saw me and said, "Isn't it great that even when there is no school, you still get to see me?!?" And I was trying to take a vacation from school too!;o).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let's just say there aren't too many dull moments around here:o).

No comments: